“Marie-Claire has been one of my main sources for information and motivation as I have homeschooled my children throughout the years. Her advice and expertise have helped me stay on the right path many times.” — Lori L.
“As usual, your advice has lead to a positive outcome in the education of my kid. Thank you so much for your help.” — Kim A.
“You are so generous with your time. You gave me great confidence…it all started with your help!” — Diane S.
You have helped me so much over the years and I just wanted you to know what a blessing you have been in my life.” – Connie H.
Dr. Marie-Claire Moreau (M.A., M.Ed., Ed.D.) has been helping families create a customized education for their children, and live extraordinary lives of their own design, for almost 20 years. Her unique background stems from decades of experience as a leader in home education, professorial roles at colleges and universities, and experiences working with public and charter schools (learn more here).
Marie-Claire is able to advise on a broad range of topics, ranging from homeschooling or unschooling, to transitioning in and out of schools, to preparing students for college acceptance and scholarships, to helping parents manage multiple roles at home, to optimizing time and productivity, and so much more.
She has helped thousands of families find solutions to a wide range of concerns, not limited to, but including:
- transitioning children from public school to homeschooling
- getting started with independent homeschooling
- selecting educational materials
- ins and outs of private schooling at home
- creating lesson plans
- grading papers
- creating transcripts
- understanding grade point averages (GPA)
- documenting loosely structured activities
- finding remedies for academic weaknesses
- programs that enable students to study together
- creating unique courses and course descriptions
- homeschooling the high school years
- preparing students for college
- seeking and securing college scholarships and financial aid
- scheduling and time management
- homeschooling while working inside or outside the home
- household organization and storage
- record keeping for home schools or home businesses
- selecting testing tools to gauge educational progress
- gifted homeschooling
- understanding student learning types
Meetings take place via phone or video call (Skype, Google), or families may request an in-person appointment if Marie-Claire is traveling to the area. Consultations last for a full hour, which is often enough time to respond to targeted questions and provide enough resources for families to begin working on their own. If an hour is not enough, families are invited to schedule follow-up meetings to track progress, delve deeper into issues, or further develop plans over a period of time. There is no obligation to schedule follow-up visits. When scheduled, follow-up calls generally last between 30-60 minutes. Long term educational coaching and document preparation (e.g., transcripts, lessons plans) are also available; ask for pricing and details.
Parents are welcome to attend meetings with or without their children, and to the extent possible, meetings are scheduled at the times most convenient for them.
Submit your consultation request now: