[Please note this website is undergoing updates and some features may not be available at this time. Thank you.]
A homeschool expert, author and veteran homeschool parent of over 25 years, Dr. Moreau meets with families in need of information and guidance. She specializes in all aspects of homeschooling, but especially homeschool-to-college, providing ongoing academic counseling for clients who retain her services during the high school years (additional services described, below).
To inquire about services or to book an appointment, send a request using the CONTACT tab. After processing your request, Dr. Moreau will email you with pricing, payment and scheduling information for the service that best meets your needs.
Hover over the HOMESCHOOLING tab on this website to view all options
Or, click on frequently requested information, below:
Archive of articles about homeschooling, academics and homeschool life
Advice for “Suddenly Homeschooling”
Guide to Homeschool Science Fairs
Homeschooling high school book
Types of homeschool services offered
Free course for parents and teens: “College Prep High Schooling”
Free homeschooling crash course
Invite Dr. to speak at your event
Browse some of Dr. Moreau’s books and e-books
Testimonials from previous clients:
“Marie-Claire has been one of my main sources for information and motivation as I have homeschooled my children throughout the years. Her advice and expertise have helped me stay on the right path many times.” — Lori L.
“As usual, your advice has lead to a positive outcome in the education of my kid. Thank you so much for your help.” — Kim A.
You have helped me so much over the years and I just wanted you to know what a blessing you have been in my life.” – Connie H.
Educational Advising Services
Dr. Marie-Claire Moreau has been helping families create a customized education for their children, and live extraordinary lives of their own design, for over two decades. Her unique background stems from decades of experience as a leader in home education, professorial roles at colleges and universities, and experiences working with public and charter schools. Though her children are now adults, Marie-Claire still makes time to advise families as her schedule allows, on a broad range of topics, ranging from homeschooling and unschooling, to transitioning in and out of schools, to preparing students for college acceptance and scholarships, to helping parents manage multiple roles at home, to optimizing time and productivity, and much more.
She has helped hundreds of families find solutions to a wide range of concerns, not limited to, but including:
- transitioning children from public school to homeschooling
- getting started with independent homeschooling
- selecting educational materials
- INs and OUT of private schooling at home
- creating lesson plans and course descriptions
- grading papers, finding a working grading strategy
- creating transcripts for high school and grade reports for K-8
- understanding grade point averages (GPA) and weighting strategies
- documenting loosely structured activities
- finding remedies for academic weaknesses
- programs that enable students to study together
- creating unique courses and course descriptions
- planning and homeschooling the high school years
- preparing students for college admissions
- seeking and securing college scholarships and financial aid
- scheduling and time management
- homeschooling while working inside or outside the home
- household organization and storage
- record keeping for home schools or home businesses
- selecting testing tools to gauge educational progress
- understanding student learning profiles for success
Please note: Students with unique needs are not within the scope of Dr. Moreau’s expertise, therefore she may wish to refer you elsewhere
More about educational services
Meetings take place via conference call (telephone) or video call (such as Zoom), or families may request in-person appointments if Marie-Claire is traveling to a specific area. Parents are welcome to attend meetings with or without their children, and to the extent possible, meetings are scheduled at the times most convenient for them. (As of January 2022, in-person meetings are temporarily suspended due to the pandemic.)
Submit a consultation request below: